You see, travelling is what everyone needs. It is not a luxury but primary. With the hustle and bustle of daily life where you are busy with lots of works, taking time for a simple vacation is necessary. There is no obligations of what kind of travel you should take to release your stress. There is no ultimate rules of what to do during your trip either. Your trip is your time so you can do anything you want. However, there are things that put you in more distressed while travelling. As the result, you cannot fully enjoy it. Therefore, following some tips won’t hurt so that you can travel leisurely and peacefully without troubles.
Avoid doing these things while travelling
Making mistakes is inevitable since we are human after all. However, there are mistakes that can be prevented or avoided if you know what they are and what to do. During a trip, some mishaps may happen here and there. Here are things you should avoid while travelling:
- Exchanging money at the airport. This may sound familiar to you especially if you travel abroad so often. There is no danger in exchanging money at the airport. However, you will likely get the worst exchange rates. It is more recommended to bring ATM card for travelling abroad. Or, you can also bring your credit card.
- Eating near popular tourist sites. This is the thing you should avoid. You see, popular tourist sites means high demand in tourism. It hold high potentials of business. Thus, the price is likely to be doubled. Besides, sometimes some restaurants near major tourist sites don’t really pay attention to the quality since the visitors won’t likely to visit anytime soon. Choose a dining place where most locals gather to get high quality foods at reasonable price.
- Skipping travel insurance. It is highly recommended not to skip this one because it is important especially if you travel quite frequently. With travel insurance, you will be more prepared of the unexpected. If you travel overseas a lot, you will know that the expense of travel insurance is worth it. It is better to have travel insurance than paying thousands of dollars when something bad happens during your trip.
- Taking taxis to go everywhere. Well, it is optional actually whether or not you take taxis to go around your travel destination. However, it is recommended to not take it if you are on budget. Taxis are mostly overpriced. It is recommended to take public transportation since it is fun and cost-friendly. Or, you can just walk if your destinations are near to each other. It is healthier anyway.
- Avoid hostels like a plague. This is something you shouldn’t do because not all hostel is smelly or unclean. Hotel or villa is not the only option you have for your travel accommodation. Most hostels today are clean and well-kept. Aside from cost-friendly, hostels today are equipped with satisfying amenities. Thus, there is no reason to avoid booking hostel for your trip.