Solo travelling can be exciting yet scary at the same time. It is not only about having peaceful vacation. Solo travelling is not about being selfish. It is far from that.
People can love or loathe solo travel because agree or not, there are some inconveniences along the way. However, sometimes those things that you consider as bad or inconvenient are the most valuable lessons you cannot get anywhere in other circumstances.
For those who cannot truly enjoy solo trip, lonely is the most thing they hate the most.
Inconveniences from solo travel turn out to be valuable life lessons
If you focus on positivity, there are more good things happen. If you surround yourself with negative people in negative environment, you will be far from being optimist.
Solo travel is like a love/hate relationship. There are things that can make you feel uncomfortable but there are also more things that can be positively meaningful. Here are some inconvenience that you can change into valuable life lessons from solo travel:
- The first thing about solo travel that you think inconvenient is having no one to watch your back and stuff. During your solo trip, sometime you need to squeeze in your luggage into the bathroom with you because you don’t have companion watching your stuffs. However, this teaches you how to pack light and how to stay on guard throughout your trip.
- Next inconvenience you will experience during solo travel is when you have to eat alone. It can be worse when you do it in foreign country because you feel like an outcast. However, this teaches you life lesson to be brave meeting new people. This is when you can improve you social skills. When you back at home, you will be more confident to interact with others even with new people.
- Another situation you consider as inconvenience during solo travel is when you have to rely everything on yourself. If you are used to rely on your friend to speak local language, it can be a hassle once you travel solo. However, this gives you opportunity to learn more about new language. You also learn more about how to be independent. This can improve your problem-solving skills.
- Another bad thing you can experience during solo travel is feeling intimidated because you are less in number. You think that your safety is in danger all the time. However, this teaches you how to be braver to try new things to distract your insecurities of being alone. You will find out how to stay entertained even without having nightlife escapade.
- Another inconvenience is when you don’t have anyone to talk to. This can be a good thing because this is how you learn to take times sorting out your thoughts without any distractions. You will focus on yourself and reflect on yourself. This can help you improving yourself better because you think clearly. You also don’t have to keep entertaining your companion because you are on your own.