Dubai provides various and best luxuries. Thus, lots of people think that Dubai is only a place for wealth. It is not hard to find that kind of misconception since you can find the world’s highest building, the largest mall, and other superior things in the United Arab Emirates. Thus, most people expect flashy traveling and luxurious agenda. Well, you can do it if you want but it is not an obligation. People who visit Dubai are not only the wealthy. There are many of them who visit to learn more about the culture, the unique vibe or just enjoy what Dubai provides for visitors.
Things that might surprise you about Dubai
For those who travel to Dubai for the first time, there are many things that might be surprising or unexpected. Dubai is one of the best travel destinations regardless of most assumptions. Here are things that might surprise the first time visitor when traveling to Dubai:
- Dubai is home to various and affordable foods. This is due to the fact that Dubai hosts the immigrant population from Pakistan, India, Egypt, Jordan, etc. The foods in Dubai are not only affordable but also taste good. Thus, you don’t have to stress out about what foods you can afford while traveling to Dubai. Recommended place to try good and affordable foods in Dubai is the street of Deira. You just need to wander around the street and find tasty treats which only cost a few dirhams.
- Next thing that might surprise you when visiting Dubai is that you will rarely find the locals. This is due to the fact that only 11% of Dubai’s populations is Emirati. Besides, it is also due to the culture since they are more private. Thus, it will be rare to find the locals wander around the streets.
- You might be surprised to find that weekends in Dubai are Friday and Saturday, not Saturday and Sunday. This is due to Islamic culture. Therefore, Friday in Dubai starts with brunch. It is not a typical light brunch though. In fact, you will enjoy a vast feast for brunch. If you stay at the hotel while you are in Dubai, they will serve huge buffets of various food on Friday during brunch time.
- You will find it difficult to describe how magnificent Burj Khalifa is. The fact that it’s the world’s tallest building doesn’t mean you won’t feel like fainting when you see it directly. The-829 meter building has an observation deck as well as 148 stories above the ground. For the first time visitor, it can be mind-blowing to just stand in the building while looking down the ground.
- Next surprising thing about traveling to Dubai is the city is not for a walker. There are many reasons to support that fact. First, the temperature is about a million degrees outside. Second, the location from one place to another is miles apart. Third, the city hasn’t been designed for the pedestrian. You can walk around freely in an enormous shopping mall instead.